Dubuque Area Radio Road Report, August 27, 2021
Dubuque Area Radio Road Report August 27, 2021
On US 20 near North Cascade Road expect intermittent lane closures and travel restrictions through the end of September.
Wisconsin Highway 11 will be closed between Highway 35 and Highway 80 for construction through November 19th. Traffic will be detoured.
Wisconsin Highway 81 is closed between US 61 and Ridge Avenue near Platteville. Work is expected to be completed in November.
Wisconsin Highway 133 is detoured between Cassville and Bloomington for construction through September 15th.
US 35 north of Bloomington will have travel restricted through September 24th.
In the City of Dubuque:
- Traffic will be re-routed on Chavenelle Road during reconstruction. Traffic from Radford Road to the Northwest Arterial will be maintained as eastbound one-way traffic. All westbound traffic will be detoured from the Northwest Arterial to Pennsylvania Avenue to Radford Road. The estimated completion date is November, 2021.
- West 8th Street will be closed between the Premier Bank drive-through and the Iowa Street Parking Ramp entrancedue to a city-permitted special event on August 28 from 5:00 PM until 11:00 PM.
- Fifth Street will be closed between Main Street and Locust Street from 6:00 PM Friday, August 27 until 3:00 AM on Sunday, August 29, due to a city-permitted special event.
- Railroad Crossing Improvements will cause street closures at East 11th Street and Hawthorne Street from 7:00 AM August 30 through 5:00 PM September 3.
In Dubuque County:
Cox Springs Road will be closed with traffic detoured onto Sundown Road for reconstruction. The project is expected to be completed by the end of October.
Surface milling and paving projects will cause travel restrictions on the following roads:
- Military Road
- North Cascade Road
- Horseshoe Road
There will be flagger cars and one-lane traffic through mid August. Paving on affected road sections will cause restrictions to be in place at a later date.
- Chesterman Road will be closed for bridge replacement from Cottingham Road to Thunder Hills Road. Work should be completed by late October.
- Simon Road will be closed for bridge replacement from - Hwy 151 to N Cascade Road. The estimated completion of this project is mid September.
- Steger Road will be closed for bridge replacement between Hwy 136 and Roling Road. The estimated completion of this project is early to mid September.