Iowa State Fair Adds More Grandstand Acts for 2023
According to a press release from the organizers, the Iowa State Fair has now added The Black Keys and Jeff Dunham to the 2023 lineup.
The Black Keys have eleven albums and decades of hard touring. The two-man band have been friends since childhood but came together as a band in 2001. In 2020 during COVID, they released Delta Kream, their 10th album, a salute to their blues, rock, and country influences. The Black Keys Dropout Boogie Tour, Monday, August 14th, will mark the first time the band has played at the Iowa State Fair. They will be joined by special guests The Velveteers.
Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham has sold out concert tours, ratings shattering broadcast specials, not to mention bestselling author status, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and a few Guinness Book of World Records just for good measure. Named Billboard's Top Comedy Tour for three consecutive years, Jeff Dunham brings "a dressed-down, more digestible version of Don Rickles with multiple personality disorder" according to TIME, on his Jeff Dunham: Still Not Canceled tour coming to the Iowa State Fair Grandstand on Tuesday, August 15th.
So far the Iowa State Fair Grandstand line-up for this year consists of:
- Thursday August 10th: For King + County with special guest We The Kingdom
- Friday, August 11th: Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line with Parmalee
- Saturday, August 12th: New Kids On The Block
- Sunday, August 13th: Eric Church with Special Guest Jackson Dean
- Monday, August 14th: Black Keys with special guests The Velveteers
- Tuesday, August 15th: Jeff Dunham: Still Not Canceled Tour
- Wednesday, August 16th: Lindsey Stirling with special guest Walk Off The Earth
- Thursday August 17th: Maren Morris with special guest Lindsay Ell
- Saturday August 19th: The Chicks with special guest Ben Harper
Grandstand events will go on as scheduled, rain or shine. If lightning is detected within 8 miles by the National Weather Service, the event will be delayed until there have been no lightning strikes for 30 minutes. More info will be provided if the show cannot happen. If eminent weather is forecast, evident or indicated by Doppler radar or issued by the National Weather Service an announcement will be made by the attendants. This may delay the start or require temporary relocation by Grandstand event staff. Find more details and grab your tickets at this website.