Jo Daviess Beef Association Announces 2023 Student Scholarships
The Jo Daviess Beef Association is excited to announce the release of their 2023 scholarship for students in Jo Daviess County seeking education in the agricultural industry.
To obtain an application contact your high school counselor, FFA Advisor, the Farm Bureau Office, or the Jo Daviess Extension Office. If you need further information, please contact Karen Koester at 815-275-3083. Applications must be received by the association scholarship committee by April 1, 2023.
The Jo Daviess County Beef Association Scholarship Fund has been established to provide financial assistance to Jo Daviess County residents studying agricultural related fields. The Beef Association Scholarship committee is responsible for the selection of the scholarship recipients. Scholarships will be awarded as funds permit.
Eligibility Requirements are as follows:
- Jo Daviess County, Illinois resident
- Must be enrolled in agriculture, or agricultural related field
- Must be enrolled in a two- or four-year program
- Must be accepted at chosen school, college, or university
- Must be a full-time student, 12 hours minimum per semester, auditing of classes cannot be included in minimum.
- Must be willing to assist association at one of our community events
- Special consideration will be given to members of the Jo Daviess County Beef Association and their immediate family
The Beef Association Scholarship committee will make a selection based on the questions that the applicants answer. The Application Questions must be typewritten, maximum two pages, and 12-point type. A new application must be submitted each year. Scholarship recipients cannot receive the scholarship for more than 4 years.
This scholarship will be paid directly to the winner in one installment: during the first semester or quarter. A written verification letter of enrollment from the school will be required to receive the scholarship. Winners of the scholarship will be requested to work at one of the summer events that support the scholarship and to attend the Annual Banquet to present information on their educational accomplishments.
According to their website, the Illinois Beef Association is funded jointly by checkoff and membership dollars and helps more than 14,000 Illinois cattle farmers stay knowledgeable, sustainable, and successful.