Prairie League Fun Day – July 17th
Prairie League Fun Day Celebrating 75 Consecutive Years of League Play
Help celebrate the longest running semi-pro league in Iowa. 2021 marks 75 consecutive years and 85 total years of Prairie League Baseball. There will be two Prairie League games, an old-timers game, homerun derby, prizes, music, and fun for all.
- Location: Centenial Park - Epworth
- Date: July 17, 2021
- 11:00 AM: Prairie League game, Placid vs. Epworth
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Old Timers Game
- Past playesr come and enjoy an at bat and fun of past playing times. Players divided and will play for 1 hour max. Past teams and players that attend will be recognized during the old-timers game. (Prizes for players dressed in uniform and the team with the most old-timers present for the old-timers game). Get with your past teammates and come out and show the teams of the past. Do not have to play in game just come out and help celebrate Prairie League Baseball.
- 2:30 PM: Prairie League game, Bernard vs. Zwingle (two of the original Prairie Leagues teams)
- Around 4:00 PM: (following the games): Homerun Derby featuring 8 chosen area players.
- 6:00 PM: Music
Plus door prize drawings throughout the day, 75-year memorabilia available for purchase, photo area,memorabilia display, and time to reminisce and discuss the present and past of Prairie League baseball.
Proceeds will be donated to: Miracle League of Dubuque.
The author, Tim Koehler, is a native to the Dubuque area, long-time radio host, dork, father, part-time toupee model, very stable genius and stable shoveller, regular napper, Time Magazine Person of the Year 2006, teller of stories, and bad dad jokes.