Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has announced a new wave of mitigation measures related to COVID-19. These new restrictions will go into effect as of midnight tonight. They include the following:
1. Gatherings of 25 or more people indoors, or 100 or more outdoors are prohibited unless everyone older than 2 wears face coverings and is socially distanced.
2. Groups of people at bars or restaurants will be limited to eight or fewer, unless all are from the same household. Those groups also must be socially distanced from other groups.
3. Face coverings also will now be required in salons, barbershops, tattoo parlors and tanning parlors.
Here is the complete list from the Governor.
Effective Wednesday, Nov. 11, at 12:01 a.m. until Monday, Nov. 30, at 11:59 p.m.***
Gathering Restrictions: Social, community, recreational, or leisure
- If more than 10 people: - 6 feet distancing between groups - Groups limited to 8 people, with the exception of households larger than 8 - Take other reasonable measures to ensure social distancing, increase hygiene, etc.
- If more than 25 people and indoors, all participants over 2 years old must wear masks except when eating and drinking.
- If more than 100 people and outdoors, all participants over 2 years old must wear masks except when eating and drinking.
- All these restrictions apply to wedding receptions, including distancing, group limitations, and mask requirement if event is sufficiently large
Youth and High School Sports:
- If more than 25 people and indoors, all spectators over 2 years old must wear masks and maintain 6 feet distance from other spectators
- Only two spectators permitted for each youth athlete
- Athletes of any age can be closer than six feet and are not required to wear masks
Restaurants and Bars: Restaurant or bar, including a wedding reception venue, winery, brewery, distillery, country club, or other social or fraternal club
- Six feet distancing between groups
- Groups limited to 8 people unless larger group is all same household
- Seated when eating or drinking and limit congregating
Personal Service Establishments: Salons, barbershops, massage therapy establishments, tattoo establishments, and tanning facilities
- Ensure that all customers are six feet apart when performing services
- Mandated to wear masks, except when performing face services
Closer/Prolonged Contact Establishments: Bowling alleys, pool halls, bingo halls, arcades, indoor playgrounds, children’s play centers
- Ensure that groups and individuals are six feet apart at establishment
- Groups limited to eight people unless larger group is all same household
Remote Working/Other Employer Measures:
All employers shall evaluate whether any more of their employees can feasibly work remotely and to the extent reasonable, shall take steps to enable such employees to work from home. Those remaining open shall take other reasonable precautions.
Reynolds also added restrictions for youth and high school athletics events. Attendance at indoor sporting events will be limited to two spectators per participant.
To see more on Governor Reynolds press conference visit our news partnere KWWL
See the daily COVID-19 report for Dubuque County HERE